Quesadillas are fun to make and delicious too. They're highly versatile—you can use different proteins (pork, beef, chicken, beans, or lentils) and cheese, use the tortillas you like best, and add extra of your favorite vegetables. Kids and adults both love them, and they can be excellent for using leftovers to make a new, fast meal.
This is a recipe for a delicious, unique quesadilla. You can switch it up and use a different protein too.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded (try leftover Spicy Roast Chicken or get a rotisserie at the store)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons barbecue sauce of your choice (but we recommend our Healthier Homemade Barbecue Sauce)
- 1 large tortilla of your choice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, cheddar and mozzarella work great
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped finely
- Cilantro, roughly chopped, optional, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and toss until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Toss chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Spread chicken, cheese, and onion over one half of tortilla.
- Fold, and place the tortilla in the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes each.
- Remove, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy with more barbecue sauce as a dip if desired.
You May Also Like These Articles/Recipes: