Avocado is high in monounsaturated fats, the kind that are healthy for your heart. Tuna contains plenty of omega fatty acids that are great for your brain and joints. Combining the two in this easy, delicious recipe creates a tasty lunch that will help you finish your day strong.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted *
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Lemon juice, splash to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim out some of the avocado pulp from the center to enlarge the hole. Place removed avocado in small bowl.
- Mash avocado, then add tuna, yogurt, onion, tomato, and basil, stirring well.
- Scoop tuna mixture evenly into two avocado halves, splash with lemon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
*Remove skin from avocado to create an entirely edible dish, as pictured, or leave the skin on and scoop it out while eating.