Using dried cherries is a great way to harness the antioxidant and nutrient power of this delicious fruit all year. Chicken salad sandwiches with cherries are delicious, easy, and nutritious.
Total Time: 5 minutes if using pre-cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup avocado mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Diced apples, to taste, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole grain bread or croissants of choice
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Serve on bread or croissants lined with romaine lettuce.