Grated cauliflower, with its mild taste, can be used in place of flour or rice in many dishes, including these easy fritters. It's full of antioxidants and super high in vitamin C. Learn more benefits of this healthy vegetable here: "Cauliflower and Pears: High Fiber, Low Carb Dietary Powerhouses."
Oat bran is the outer portion of an oat groat, and it's packed with powerful anti-oxidants and heart-healthy beta-glucan. Beta-glucan is a soluble (partially dissolvable) fiber that helps you feel full longer, feeds your beneficial gut bacteria, and helps decrease total and HDL cholesterol levels.
This recipe combines the health benefits of cauliflower and oat bran in a tasty treat that's easy and fast but will taste like a gourmet meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 8 cups grated cauliflower (approximately 1 head)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grown black pepper
- 3/4 cup oat bran (make sure you are using oat bran— here's an example: Bob Mills Oat Bran)
- 2-4 tablespoons oil for cooking. Avocado oil is a great option.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, additional salt, pepper, and oat bran. Mix well.
- Fold cauliflower into egg mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and allow it to get hot.
- Drop cauliflower mixture by heaping tablespoon onto skillet and press down with the back of a spoon or spatula until fritters are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cook between 3-5 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown. Take care when flipping because the fritters may fall apart.
- Serve warm with topping of your choice. We recommend Cilantro Yogurt Sauce, Easy Tzatziki Sauce, or Jalapeño Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce.
You may also wish to try our Amazing Zucchini Oat Bran Fritters.