This tzatziki sauce is made with fresh, healthy ingredients. It's easy and fast to make, and it is wonderful as a vegetable dip or paired with grilled meat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 Hours
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and grated (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press or finely minced, then rested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Allow sauce to rest for a few hours before serving for best taste.
Combine all ingredients except the cucumber, and refrigerate overnight. Drain the grated cucumber in a separate bowl overnight.
Combine ingredients together the next morning.