This light, refreshing dip is as versatile as it is easy to prepare. It can be used as a vegetable or appetizer dip, quesadilla, taco, or tostada-topper, and as a spicy salad dressing. You can put it on top of grilled fish or chicken to produce a special meal or add some to your stir-fry to enhance its flavor.
Total Time: 10 minutes (minced garlic should be rested for 15 minutes before beginning)
- 4 jalapeños, halved*
- 2 cups cilantro, leaves only, loosely packed
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced and rested
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime juice from one fresh lime **
- Other complementary spices, optional, as desired: cumin or ginger are two good choices
- Olive oil, optional, up to 1/2 cup
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust consistency to desired level by adding more yogurt to thicken or adding olive oil (1 teaspoon at a time) to thin.
- *Remove seeds and white membranes of jalapeños for lower spice level, leave them in for a spicier dip.
- **May use 2 tablespoons bottled lime juice, but fresh is preferable for better flavor.