Hard-boiled eggs are a protein-packed, healthy breakfast or snack item that is easy to make ahead and grab when you're on the go. Turmeric is a spice that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics as well as many other health benefits. Combining the two allows you to have a fast, tasty meal that's good for you, too.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 12 eggs
- turmeric powder
- Place 12 eggs in a pan, and cover with cold water.
- Place pan on burner and turn onto high heat.
- When the water reaches a rolling boil, set a timer for 10 minutes and continue boiling.
- After 10 minutes, remove eggs from heat, and carefully drain hot water.
- Cover eggs with cold water, drain, and repeat.
- Allow eggs to rest in cold water for a few minutes, then remove from water.
- Place eggs in refrigerator, and use within 1 week.
- When you are ready to eat an egg, peel it, rinse it with water, and season it with turmeric powder to taste. You can roll the egg in the powder, sprinkle the turmeric over the egg, or cut it in half and sprinkle the spice on each half.
- You can also open a capsule of your Turmeric Curcumin Complex Supplement, and sprinkle it on the egg for even more of a health kick to start your day.
- You can use different spice combinations for a variety of tastes. For instance, try a mixture of sea salt, fresh ground cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and turmeric.