Applesauce is fun, tasty, and actually surprisingly easy to make. If you have a slow cooker, you can easily make applesauce in a few hours. Impress your friends this fall by serving this homemade healthy side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- 3 pounds apples, washed, cored, and sliced*
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add apples to slow cooker.
- Mix spices in a small bowl and sprinkle over apples.
- Place lid on cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours, tasting halfway through to add more spices if desired**.
- Mash apples for chunky applesauce or use an immersion blender or stand blender to puree them for smoother applesauce.
- Keep in sealed container in refrigerator for a week. Freeze for 6 months.
*You can make tastier applesauce by mixing up the apple varieties you use. You can also use soft or bruised apples.
**You can cook on low for 7-8 hours instead.