French fries without the guilt! These zesty fries are healthy, delicious, and crispy. Enjoy alone for a tasty snack or with any sandwich or entrée.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (may also use coconut oil or cooking oil of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop potatoes into thin fries, about 1/4" wide. Put the fries in a large bowl then fill with water until all are submerged. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain the fries, and pat dry thoroughly. Transfer to a clean, dry bowl. Toss fries with cornstarch until they are evenly dusted, then toss with oil.
- Combine seasonings, then sprinkle on fries. Give a final toss until seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet into a single layer. Do not overcrowd. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. The edges may start to bubble a little—this means they are getting crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce such as Jalapeño-Cilantro-Lime.