It's a cool autumn day, and you're thinking about comfort foods. But you want to stay on track with your health goals, and you don't want to introduce unnecessary sugar into your day. Try this easy, healthy oatmeal cookie recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup oats (quick or regular but not instant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional (choose 1/4 cup of 1 or 1/8 cup each of 2 of the following):
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and then mix in oats, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add any optional ingredients you're using.
- Drop mixture by rounded spoonful onto pan. Makes about 12 cookies.
- Cook until lightly brown on top, about 12 minutes.