Homemade pizza is fun and delicious to have any night of the week. Kids love pizza, too, so have them help out.
This pizza uses an easy dough recipe and harnesses the health and taste of apples for a unique and flavorful meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 tablespoon active yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia powder
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 4 ounces brie cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 medium or two small tart apples, cored and sliced very thinly
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix half flour with all other dough ingredients in a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Add other cup of flour slowly to dough until it makes a ball (use your hands to mix).
- Cover bowl with a dish towel and place in a warm spot for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove onions from heat.
- Sprinkle flour on counter and roll dough out to fit pizza pan. Spread dough onto greased pizza pan.
- Top pizza dough with cheese, onions, and apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly, edges of crust are brown, and apples are slightly tender.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with basil before serving.
*You can use all one type or mix. Some suggestions are all-purpose, almond, and whole wheat. Whole wheat works well when mixed 50/50 with all-purpose.