A warm cup of apple cider is comforting on a chilly fall day. Have it by the fireplace, take it out to the bonfire, or put it in a mug and have it at the pumpkin patch. It's nutritious, fun, and tasty.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 6 medium apples of your choice*
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish, optional
- Cut apples, remove core, stem, and seeds, and put through juicer.**
- Place juice in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and orange.
- Cover and warm for about 20 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth into mugs.
- Garnish cinnamon stick and serve.
* A mixture of tart and sweet apples works well for many people.
**You can also use 4 cups of ready-made cold apple cider with no sugar added.
Tip: You can also make and serve this from the crockpot to keep it warm during a party.