Few things say summer like a warm cherry crumble made with fresh cherries. This version is simple and delicious, and you'll enjoy the health benefits of the cherries it's packed with.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups sweet cherries, washed, dried, and pitted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (organic, if possible)
- 4 tablespoons butter from grass-fed cows, melted
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour of your choice*
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium pan over low heat, mix all filling ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Pour into a square baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over cherry mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes, or until topping is brown and filling is bubbly.
*We like almond flour in this recipe.