Green smoothies can be healthy and delicious. Adding spices and coconut water can boost the already-substantial nutrition of this easy-to-prepare snack.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups green, leafy vegetables, rinsed and dried *See Note 1
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked *See Note 2
- 1/2 cup coconut water *See Note 3
- Other fruits and vegetables as desired *See Note 4
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- Spinach, arugula, and kale are good options. Using a mixture of greens helps mitigate the strong flavors of each plant.
- Soak whole chia seeds for 10-15 minutes before adding them to your smoothie to increase digestibility.
- Add more to reach desired consistency.
- Add frozen strawberries, blueberries, or cranberries if desired.