If you want a crunchy treat that's not filled with as much fat as potato chips from the store, try these delicious, healthy, homemade carrot chips. You can experiment with different spice toppings and even use root vegetables other than carrots, like sweet potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 carrots
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil (olive, coconut, or safflower)
- Other seasonings optional, to taste: suggestions include sugar, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚.
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Thinly slice the carrots. You can do this in rounds or strips. The pieces should be thin but not papery. You can use a mandolin slicer or food processor attachment to get consistent slices.
- Place oil and seasonings in a bowl and add carrot slices.
- Toss to coat carrots evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange carrots on it in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Begin watching carrots closely near the 15-minute mark to determine when they are done. The carrots will go from done to burned quickly.