A mug cake is a great way to make a single serving of a sweet treat. It helps you satisfy your sweet tooth without being left with a big cake to eat for days. This cherry chocolate mug cake combines the health benefits of cherries and dark chocolate to give you indulgence without guilt.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons almond or coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice or 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 9 sweet cherries, washed, dried, and pitted
- Mix whisked eggs, flour, cacao powder, salt, vanilla, sugar, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and cherries and fold until just mixed.
- Transfer to microwave-safe mug and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar or extra cacao if desired and serve.