Are you running out of different ways to make chicken? Looking for a delicious and unique recipe to wow your friends and family? Add the health benefits of cherries to your main dish with this easy-to-make cherry chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, breasts or thighs
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cherries, washed, dried, and pitted
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons avocado oil, and heat for 30-60 seconds more.
- Add chicken and cook until done, flipping halfway through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons avocado oil to skillet and heat for 30-60 seconds.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add chicken broth and cherries to onions.
- Bring to a simmer, mash some of the cherries, and let cook until most of the broth is gone.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for two more minutes.
- Serve chicken with cherry sauce on top.