It's lovely to be baking something that's full of apples and cinnamon during the fall. It smells great, sets a nice mood, and makes everything feel cozy and crisp. But having apple pie routinely might not be on your healthy living plan, so try these baked apple rings instead.
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 5-6 large apples of your choice, cored and sliced all the same width
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves and pour into a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Add apple slices to bag, seal, and shake well.
- Place slices on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn rings over and bake another 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your desired crispiness.*
- Remove, cool, and sprinkle with more cinnamon before serving if desired.
*Baking time varies depending on your desired crispness level and how thick the slices are. Keep an eye on the rings, and remember they will crisp up a little more as they cool too.