Looking for a restaurant-style meal that's fast and easy to make? This salmon dish will have your family feeling like they're dining in a fine restaurant, but it won't take you much time at all, and it's nutritious, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes (Marinate for 20-30 minutes)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice plus 1/4 teaspoon orange zest, or 1/2 can orange juice from concentrate, thawed
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, grated or finely minced, about 1 tablespoon, or 1/4 teaspoon dried, ground ginger*
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced and rested for 15 minutes
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste, optional
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, for garnish, optional
- Whisk together orange juice, ginger, garlic, and lime juice to make a marinade.
- Place salmon steaks into a sealable container or a large plastic bag and add marinade. Seal container tightly; toss lightly.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes
- Place the salmon steaks on a foil-lined baking or broiling pan, reserve marinade. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place in oven on center rack.
- Broil until fish is cooked thoroughly and flakes easily, about 8-10 minutes, basting with the marinade a time or two during cooking to keep them moist.
- Add green onion slices before serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with asparagus and brown rice.
*Fresh ginger is preferred for its more robust flavor